Monday 5 February 2018

Something different - print and knitting come together

I've been thinking for a while about having a go at printing linocuts onto fabric. My first attempt brings together two of my interests - printmaking and knitting. I have cut quite a few plates of knitted textures over the past few years and so decided to print some onto calico to make some knitting bags. This was largely prompted by the fact that I've begun the journey into the Artists Market thing and feel the need to have a diversity of products.   I used some fabric ink that I've had for a very long time, from when I had a Print Gocco kit many years ago. It seems to have worked okay. I've ironed them to set the ink and all seems well, although clearly they need some more ironing!)





No comments:

Post a Comment