Monday, 23 April 2012

Compact Prints

Had a productive day on Friday, making my work for the Compact Print exhibition at Umbrella Studios, Townsville. Prints have to be 12 x 12 cm as they are exhibited in CD cases.  I like that idea!
The linocut is from a drawing I made some years ago of slightly disturbing doll  (or is it the drawing that's disturbing, not the doll itself?) and is printed over a stencilled gelatin monoprint...so they are all a little different.  I quite like the the fact that the stencil is out of register in most of the prints...so it will be quite a loose edition.  I printed the linocut by hand using a plastic baren that I recently bought at Melbourne Etching Supplies.
I think it is called Doppelganger Doll.

4 comments:

  1. That *is* a disturbing doll/drawing! Hehehe! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. Glad you're amused.

      Delete
  2. Hi Penny ...always nice to see your little projects...love the title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Glen, and Thank you for dropping by

      Delete