Thursday 5 January 2012

Happy New Year!...and new book projects for 2012

Happy New Year to all!  I hope that 2012 will be a happy and productive one.  I've started the year very excited about being involved in Edition Four of Book Art Object. More than fifty artists have signed up to make an edition on ten books inspired by one of the 100 short story titles from Sarah Bodman's project- An Exercise for Kurt Johannessen.You can find information about it here. Artists have been allocated to groups of eight and each will take one of the titles to create an edition of artists book that will then be exchanged with other members of the group.  The title I'll be working with is A girl waiting.  No idea what I'm going to  do yet, but it suggests lots of possiblities, I think. 


I've had a couple of days off this week and so I've been able to make a start on an artist's book for the Linden postcard show.  It's to be called Counting Crows...or Magpies, and is based on the counting rhyme...One for sorrow, two for joy.  There are a number of variations... still have to decide which I'm going with.  These are gelatin prints I've been making as a first layer.  Hand-cut stamps of birds and text, as well as  collaged elements to come.  Here is a positive and the negative print of the same stencils.

When making the gelatin plate I lined the scone-tray with clingwrap so that the gelatin would be easy to remove and love the printed effect of the wrinkled surface.  



Layering is always an experiment.  Never really know whether it will work or ruin what you already have!


No comments:

Post a Comment